On her way home from work, American Holly Warren noticed this animal on the road, lazily pacing the pavement. She didn’t know who it was right away, but she knew she wanted to help the poor thing. She took it in her arms, and when she saw a few corners, she realized – this was a hedgehog!
Because of infections, the poor guy lost all his needles. Holly immediately decided to rescue him: “I knocked on the nearest house and asked for an unwanted towel to pick him up and take him home. When I got home, I immediately called the animal rescue center. They gave me care instructions,” the woman says.
From the photos, the doctors determined that the hedgehog had itchiness because of parasites. The woman began feeding the hedgehog kitten food, giving him water, and rubbing oil on his skin to encourage his needles to grow. She also gave the hedgehog a nickname, Nugget.
Over time, the hedgehog’s skin began to heal, and he looked and felt much better. According to the woman, the hedgehog turned out to be very calm, mannerly, and kind – so it was a pleasure to take care of him. When Nugget is fully recovered, Holly will be able to let him go into the wild. Thank you to this kind woman!